How many treatments are required?
This will depend upon the health and age of your skin. Normally it is advised to have 4 – 6 treatments 3 to 6 weeks apart.
How long do results last?
There is on-going improvement in your skin up to12 months after each treatment depending on the rate you grow collagen. It is suggested that you have follow up treatments at 12 months.
Are results immediate?
No. Swelling from the plasma will be visible at first. Once this has subsided you will not see much change at all. Over a few weeks the Platelets will stimulate the growth factors, which will assist in more collagen growth. Cosmeceutical and Light therapies can enhance the results.
What results can be expected?
- Hydration improvement is visible at 2 to 3 weeks and textural improvement is gradual over the next few months
- Advanced wrinkling cannot be reversed and a minimal improvement is predictable in persons with alcohol and tobacco abuse
- Severe scarring may not respond
What are the side effects of Regen – PRP Facial Rejuvenation?
Minimal: Expect minimal swelling, bruising and redness for 12-24 hours. Some clients experience a headache. Modest: Some patients may feel faint. A bruise at the venapuncture site may be visible for 2-3 days.
What preparation is required for a PRP Treatment?
5 – 7 days before treatment, stop taking supplements that increase bruising and bleeding, namely:
- Green Tea
- Omegas (Fish Oils)
- Evening Primrose oil
- St John’s Wort
- Vitamin E
- Aspirin (after consulting your doctor ) Hydrate – drink water before and after your procedure. Reduce your fat intake Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake 5 – 7 days before Take Arnica Tablets – available from health food stores and chemists. Arnica is commonly sold commercially in tablet or cream form. Arnica tablets have been widely used as supplementary homeopathic treatment for bruises, strains and sprains, for pre- and post-operative care, for muscular pain, and for shock and trauma.
How long is the procedure from start to finish?
Approximately 45mins to 1 hour per two tubes.
Which facial and body areas can be treated?
- Around the eyes – Peri Orbital Rim
- Cheeks and Mid face
- Thinning skin on the neck
- Jaw Line and Submalar
- Back of hands
- Other Body Areas knees, elbows, upper arms, post baby tummy
- Combined with lasers
Who cannot receive ACR-PRP Facial Rejuvenation?
Patients with severe skin disease, cancer, receiving chemotherapy, severe metabolic and systemic disorders, and abnormal platelet function (i.e. blood disorders). Anti-coagulation therapy and underlying sepsis HIV, some auto immune disease excludes the use of PRP.